Tip jar

If you can spare it…

tipjar

You can also make donations via your Amazon account.

To donate via WePay:

Donate

63 Responses to Tip jar

1. Pragmatic Realist June 27, 2012 at 1:00 pm #

Actually it does make sense. Poor people have traditionally taken much better care of each other than prosperous people have.

2. susie June 27, 2012 at 1:18 pm #

Yeah, but it makes me feel guilty when the donors are in bad shape, too.

3. Dan Hill July 7, 2012 at 4:05 pm #

Slacker! You too can make $5.5 million an hour if you really try! Seriously, prayers and good Karma to you. Have more of those than $.

4. dandy July 9, 2012 at 11:59 pm #

If I get a freaking extra dime, Suze will have it on default. Got you covered in a few days girlfriend, but only if you ain’t prejudiced. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. dandy July 10, 2012 at 1:03 pm #

Suze., the checks in the mail, but please hold on to it until the 18th of July. Ya know the greedy-ass bankers love overdrafts.

6. Imhotep July 13, 2012 at 7:30 pm #

Getting personal. Here’s an idea for what it’s worth. Go to your Yellow Pages and look up: Employment Contractors, Temporary Help. This is not a permanent job with one company…..but, 1) you get paid at the end of each day 2) you get to network 3) you get to see which companies are actually hiring. This tactic is a short term fix which could help to pay the rent.

7. LogicalLiberal July 15, 2012 at 2:29 pm #

I just earned a very large commission [almost $100K] and would generally help out someone like you but you are your own worst enemy- always blaming the system, your health, etc. With all due respect, I urge you to grow up and get over the perceived past slights- be positive about your future- maybe try to land a temp job and I will re-consider.

8. dandy July 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm #

Shit dude, you just ran into 100 G’s and you’re cracking on Suze for getting sick and not being able to get a gig? You sound like a republican who blames “us” for being lazy whiners. Looks like you’d slip Suze a few bucks since you’re so goddamned healthy, employed and arrogant! Save your lecture and probably your fucking slimey-assed dollars too (although that’s for Suze to decide).

9. odd man out July 15, 2012 at 4:10 pm #

It’s possible that logicalliberal is for real — that he/she really did earn a $100K commission and really did think about helping Susan. More likely, he/she is a right-winger and a lying sack of shit.

10. lless July 15, 2012 at 6:27 pm #

Well “LL” I certainly can’t rival your good fortune, but you know what I gave something because I AM a liberal and I DO blame the system for much of what ails us all!

11. g3 July 16, 2012 at 3:51 am #

Logicalliberal might as well change his/her screen name to Neoliberal.
    Wow, what a CEO (Condescending, Elitist and Out-of-touch) comment.

12. Izquierdo July 17, 2012 at 12:25 am #

I think that logicalliberal just wanted a pretext to brag about his/her big payday.

LL, why don’t you take that $$$ and $tart a $uperpac?

13. lbd July 17, 2012 at 9:38 am #

I can’t find your paypal link, can you please add that to your post?

14. susie July 17, 2012 at 9:44 am #

There’s a “Donate” tab at the top of the page.

15. leoinaugust August 14, 2012 at 12:04 am #

Unfortunately, Paypal refuses to accept either of the credit cards that I have used before (as they did when I tried to use them for jussaricpork) I used Wepay around 3 weeks ago which was limited to $20.00, I am trying to send you $25.00 via Amazon. Please let me know if Amazon forwards this amount to you. Thank you

16. k August 14, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

Where’s the link?

17. Die Fink August 14, 2012 at 11:32 pm #

suzie, forward me a copy of your resume. I’m a headhunter in Philly. Ya never know, I know lots of folks around town. I’ll give you a call when I get it. You get my email from this reply, right?

18. Dannie Epstein August 15, 2012 at 9:41 am #

All of us need help on occasion.

19. susie August 15, 2012 at 11:58 am #

Yes, thanks!

20. leoinaugust August 15, 2012 at 4:13 pm #

Sorry Susan, finally figure out how I goofed-used com instead of net. Got it resolved. Donation through Amazon

21. Not Anonymous, though may as well be. August 15, 2012 at 10:10 pm #

(just to say, leoinaugust ,…. if Jeffy Bezos/Amazon (et al), the bottle fly wing obsessor[s], had never risen to power, many more of us, who feel Susies pain, would have been able to help also, and it would be far more than the “chump change” (just enough to gulp some oxygen and be “Saved” by our Higher, Pale “Male” TECHCLOUD Godz) you appear to be offering through the Sweat Shop of “Amazon.”)

22. Not Anonymous, though may as well be. August 15, 2012 at 11:12 pm #

(in other words, to put it bluntly: Amazon, paypal, webpay are not, and never were, friendly.

Theyโ€™re $$$$Incorporated Predators$$$$, and that’s why they used such innocuous and flattering names to name their ‘inventions’ after.)

(certainly not to blame you for anything, leo, just saying.)

23. KandN August 16, 2012 at 3:27 am #

Sent a few bucks your way. Wishing you the best for better times ahead.

24. leoinaugust August 16, 2012 at 12:07 pm #

Well non A–my only other options are Western Union, Moneygram or use snail mail with a personal check from where I bank. No agency I use will be without flaws or pure as the driven snow. What would be your alternative? Thanks.

25. Stephen September 28, 2012 at 12:08 pm #

Become a Republican, get a real job and then you won’t need to beg for help

26. susie September 28, 2012 at 1:04 pm #

Thanks for your glowing example of Christian charity, Stephen!

27. dandy September 30, 2012 at 12:18 am #

The best that I can do right now is wish you a very Happy and Peaceful Birthday! I’m really stretched cash-wise at the moment, but hang on and I’ll get something to you soon. Oh btw, I’m not a vindictive type, but if Stephen is really a human being, maybe, just maybe, he’ll try to help also!

28. joel hanes September 30, 2012 at 12:54 pm #

Happy Birthday, Suzie.

May the next year be better than the last.

Keep on keepin’ on,
    and non carborundum illegitemae

29. jawbone September 30, 2012 at 2:21 pm #

Happy Birthday, Susie! And please take good, good care of yourself. Get the care you need. Use the good internist you found to ensure you can take care of yourself as long as possible.

You are a national treasure, and you should be well employed. BUT your kind of wisdom and analysis is no longer valued by the Powers That Be. In the 60’s and 70’s, you would have been a reporter rock star!!!

30. Izquierdo September 30, 2012 at 10:44 pm #

Maybe Stephen is attempting irony?

In any case, happy birthday Susie.
    And happy name day too, whenever that my be.
    (Just looked it up — there seem to be seven of them.
    Just missed one on Sept. 19, but another one is coming up on Oct. 17.)

31. lless October 9, 2012 at 6:31 pm #

Speaking of demographic shitstorms, no one seems to have noticed that Romney introduced a new safe harbor into the Medicare mix in the last debate. He used 60 as the age for no change. That’s a huge 5 year shift with a lot of new folks getting vouchered.

32. KidRanger October 24, 2012 at 9:32 am #

Susie – how much do you need for your insurance payment?

33. susie October 24, 2012 at 10:03 am #

$284.

34. Jason October 24, 2012 at 1:53 pm #

You what will be funny? When Romney gets elected and then you see our economy turn around and you get a job! Won’t that just piss you off? Maybe, just maybe when you’re done with blaming Republicans and start seeing what obama has done to this country, you will see the light. Good luck with that.

35. dandy October 24, 2012 at 9:29 pm #

Jason, is there any chance you can just crawl on back to the hole you came from?

36. Elton in Baltimore October 25, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

Susie — I dropped a few bucks in the pot.

37. Snarki, child of Loki October 26, 2012 at 9:37 am #

dandy: I don’t think Jason can bend that tightly, but if he can, good for him. Hope he sees the light at the end of the tunnel.

38. John October 27, 2012 at 11:15 am #

Sent the minimum, all I could afford,hope you make your payment and health improves.
    Always check your blog for articles and great sounds.

Best to you,
    John

39. John November 17, 2012 at 1:07 pm #

Hey Suz;
    back again with the little bit I could do.
    Hope other readers out there in possibly better[much bettor isn’t a far reach from here] situations than me will see their way to help-out.

Keep on,
    best,
    John

40. susie November 17, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

It means so much to me when the people who are also struggling want to help. Thanks.

41. lless November 25, 2012 at 12:59 pm #

Banner headline on one of my favorite blog sites: “Is you stupid? Click here to find out.” click “Yup, you is.”

42. John December 1, 2012 at 6:18 pm #

Hey Susie;
    best luck w/job prospect and wishes for the happiest of holiday’s,

later,
    John

43. leoinaugust December 10, 2012 at 12:55 pm #

Congratulations! May this spark a turning point for not only you in 2013, but to all the other struggling unemployed bloggers that you have supported.

44. KidRanger December 10, 2012 at 1:13 pm #

So happy for your good job news, Susie!

45. boohunney December 10, 2012 at 1:19 pm #

Woot! Woot! Woot! Woot! ๐Ÿ™‚

46. mary December 10, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Congratulations! Such good news. Have a very merry Christmas.

47. John Sullivan December 10, 2012 at 1:59 pm #

Wow !
    Finally,some good news for somebody !
    BIG congrats and well done, I know the many hoops you must have launched yourself through to get this win, good on you !

Later,
    John

48. mjames December 10, 2012 at 3:03 pm #

I’m so happy for you. What a load off.

49. PurpleGirl December 10, 2012 at 3:14 pm #

Congratulations. That is so great to hear. Best wishes for the future.

50. Peter VE December 10, 2012 at 6:37 pm #

Great news! Your prospective employer is to be commended for their choice: brains with a side of guts!