Larry Lessig explains how Hillary Clinton could still become president

bill-hillary-clinton-1478758356056

Nearly a year after President Donald Trump’s inauguration, a Harvard University professor says 2016 presidential candidate Hillary Clinton could still become commander in chief. Lawrence Lessig, the Roy L.

6 Responses to Larry Lessig explains how Hillary Clinton could still become president

1. Lless January 19, 2018 at 1:39 pm #

There is a better chance that gravity will be reversed by a solar storm event.

2. joel hanes January 19, 2018 at 2:32 pm #

I love Lessig’s about intellectual property, copyright, etc.
    His political naivete is galactic in scope.
    The worst thing I have to say about my Rep, Ro Khanna, is that Lessig is one of his advisors.

Today’s Republican Party will never do anything, no matter how small, in the spirit of comity and reconciliation. Their concept of “justice” is that they get everything they want, and drive their enemies wailing before them before cutting them down.

3. Carolyn Kay January 19, 2018 at 4:47 pm #

Anyone who thinks Republicans will do the right thing is smoking something that may be illegal.

Here’s a scenario that could actually happen:

1. Put Democrats in charge of both the House and the Senate in 2018.

2. Elect Hillary Clinton Speaker of the House (who doesn’t have to be a member of the House). – http://bit.ly/2pPHekK

2. Impeach and convict both Trump and Pence in 2019.

4. Swear in Hillary as president. – http://bit.ly/2pvypfD

4. Imhotep January 20, 2018 at 11:31 am #

Larry Lessig like Trump is delusional.

So are the rest of the neo-liberals.

5. Adams January 20, 2018 at 12:45 pm #

@ joel hanes: “Their concept of “justice” is that they get everything they want, and drive their enemies (I.E. anyone to the left of Schumer/Pelosi) wailing before them before cutting them down.” Are you sure that’s not the DNC?

6. joel hanes January 20, 2018 at 10:45 pm #

Carolyn : wouldn’t it be pretty ?

Unfortunately, conviction in the Senate requires 2/3 voting in favor, and there aren’t enough seats coming vacant this cycle that, even if the Dems win every one, we’d have a 2/3 majority. So your happy story relies on several current Republican Senators to die (could happen, I guess) or retire before their term is up.
    Don’t get me wrong: I’d love to see it.

Adams : I understand that you’re bitter, and perhaps I partly understand why.
    But eternally re-fighting the 2016 primaries weakens our side.
    Republicanism is the enemy today. Let’s work together to defeat these lying bigots.