I had to get up at 6 to see the oncologist yesterday. Ugh. Same old same old, which is: They can’t really decide how to treat me until they get the tumor out and do genome typing, etc. Whatever.
I told them they didn’t have a big enough data set to specifically target my type of tumor, which is why I’m getting a second opinion from Johns Hopkins (which has a rare tumor center). I don’t expect their recommendations to vary all that much from my doctors, but you never know. And I’d rather know for sure.
That said, assuming my tumor isn’t some kind of hybrid, it’s unlikely to spread. So I got that going for me, which is nice!