9 Responses to The Grand Betrayal

1. annagranfors December 8, 2012 at 3:07 pm #

Even Cole at Balloon Juice basically told Obama to go fuck himself:

…although the Juicettes in comments couldn’t shit fast enough to make more to throw, esp. at the one or two with sense enough to agree with the sentiment.

2. lless December 8, 2012 at 5:05 pm #

If this is the “deal” it has all been a stage show. I will straight up vote for the Republican opponent of any Democrat who sells out on the New Deal programs.

3. montag December 8, 2012 at 6:46 pm #

The White House is soliciting comments for their “middle class tax cut extension” at #My2K This weekend would be a good time to trend it up on the Tweety with our feelings about the Grand Betrayal.

4. jawbone December 8, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

On the second day after St. Nick’s, my true R’pub prez gave to me

A two year increase in age for each Medicare retiree.
    ~~~

And this is an early negotiating position!

OK, fool me once shame on you; fool me twice, impeach the the flim-flam man. Yeah, I know that won’t go anywhere.

I don’t think Obama gives a damn about the future of the Democratic Party. Or any of us lowly quintile types. I think he wants to be seen as establishing the Democratic Corporatist Party, the DCP. Or, maybe, the CCP, Centrist Corporatist Party?

Or, he wants to achieve a leveraged buyout of the Dems, stripping the base’s earned benefits for his fat cat sponsors, becoming the 21st Century St. Ronnie, and completely shredding the legacies of FDR and LBJ.

Yeah, call, write, send dead horse heads…just make sure your reps and senators know you will never vote for a Democrat again if they let this ersatz Democratic president destroy our earned benefits, our hard fought for social safety net.

I hate that these damn DC pols keep f*cking up our enjoyment of the end of year, winter solstice holidays. Damn them to hell — if only there were such a place. No, these types will do very well for themselves, today and into the time of collapse, and they will leave our planet in sand and ashes, flooded by torrential rains, making life extremely difficult for all our following generations. Maybe, much sooner than that. But surely those born in this this century will see terrible changes to both their way of life and the planet itself.

Some of current leadership and Powers That Be may feel a twinge of guilt, which wil die with them. We’re the next, yet to be written, chapter in Jared Diamond’s Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed.

Our leaders have their heads firmly in their wallets and in their banksters’ ledgers, leading us to a much worse FAIL than this fake, contrived fiscal cliff.

And, OK, it doesn’t scan, but, hey.

5. Tom December 9, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Yep. Elections don’t matter and in the end you get what the corporatocracy wants no matter who we “voted” into office to supposedly represent us. It’s been a scam for far too long, but now it’s blatant and in yer face! They don’t care – what are you going to do, vote them out? Too late – the damage is already done and the replacements you hope to vote in have already been vetted by the duopoly so that you really have no choice and they win either way.

Don’t worry though, systemic collapse is imminent.

6. ts December 9, 2012 at 6:41 pm #

Who could have predicted that thieves and liars would continue to be thieves and liars?

Where are my pearls to clutch!!!

7. ts December 9, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

Did I say thieves, liars, and MURDERERS? Let me do so now.

8. ts December 9, 2012 at 6:59 pm #

Imagine this: The United Sates military vs. United States Citizens.

9. ts December 9, 2012 at 7:01 pm #