6 Responses to Tornado in Hattiesburg

1. Boohunney February 11, 2013 at 10:51 am #

WORD. Disaster is disaster. Katrina and the Gulf Oil spill have had just horrific consequences on the coastal areas. If anyone says it was deserved, there is a special place in hell for you, if you believe that crap.
    There was massive tornado that took out a manufacturing plant close to my home. 115 people survived. That plant revitalized the area. An area without a Walmart. The words, “manufacturing plant” and “new” are rare in America, now.
    I feel for these folks because their representatives in Congress voted against aid for Sandee victims up North. No word from local media on their thoughts about their own constituents.
    I am from Jawja, and there is some incredible stupid here, but, some need to take a look at their own neighborhood…. just sayin’….

2. NormanLake February 11, 2013 at 12:38 pm #

Liberals? It seems to me that when the NorthEast was hit by Sandy, the complaints and obstruction on assistance came from conservatives, mostly from the South. I have seen NO glee coming from liberal quarters.

3. Anon February 11, 2013 at 2:54 pm #

Who are these supposed ‘liberals in the rest of the country’ who are pleased to hear about someone else’s disaster? It’s not in the linked article. And why are you labeling such people ‘liberals?’ I think ‘jerks’ or ‘monsters’ might apply if this accusation is true.

4. paul j February 11, 2013 at 5:47 pm #

You are getting into Glenn Beck territory with such claims. If you have any libruls’ names, out with them or STFU.

5. susie February 11, 2013 at 6:50 pm #

Read the comments section on the biggest blogs, where such comments are common.

6. lless February 11, 2013 at 8:50 pm #

Okay somebody has to come to Susie’s defense here. “It’s God’s judgment on the State of Mississippi for closing abortion clinics.” See there’s one now.