Crazy commercial

Is there really a grown woman in this world who would be turned on by getting a human-sized Vermont Teddy Bear for Valentine’s Day? “It’ll pay off for you,” the voiceover croons while a scantily-clad babe caresses her bear. Could this possibly work? Or am I just not cynical enough?

9 Responses to Crazy commercial

1. imhotep February 8, 2013 at 10:48 am #

Oh, it’ll work. Just take a look at all of the news presenters on the FOX news(?) network. Or at Sarah Palin or Michelle Half-bakedman et al.

2. Tracey February 8, 2013 at 11:15 am #

I would kick my boyfriend in the balls if he wasted money on one of those.

3. imhotep February 8, 2013 at 11:23 am #

Jesus Tracey, wouldn’t that be like cutting off your nose to spite your face. A kick in the balls? Better a kick in the ass. But never the balls or the mouth. 🙂

4. Allie February 8, 2013 at 11:30 am #

I saw that last night for the first time and And they’re $100. Infantilization of women is everywhere I’m assuming to pander to the hidden pedophile in a huge chunk of the male population.

5. Shadgirl February 8, 2013 at 11:57 am #

Valentine’s Day is such a load of crap. Expensive, fixed priced menus, overpriced flowers, and dumb cards. And, what would an adult want with an enormous teddy bear anyway?

6. Tracey February 8, 2013 at 12:06 pm #

I was being facetious and my boyfriend knows better than that – cell phone minutes, an oil change for the car, clothing and other practical items are wonderful ways to say “I love you.” Going out in the cold morning to start the car & warm it up says so too!

7. brendancalling February 8, 2013 at 12:51 pm #

I assume you’ve never heard of Furries and Plushies, two esoteric fetish subcultures? You can google it, but be forewarned: you’ll nebrain blea
    Yes, there are women (and men) who would go for that. In ways you don’t want to think about.

8. Linda February 8, 2013 at 6:01 pm #

If it’s not battery operated, and it doesn’t vibrate, I’m not interested.

9. Ron February 8, 2013 at 6:36 pm #

I really can’t comment on “who would be turned on,” but no girlfriend I’ve had since Junior High would be impressed by a human sized Teddy Bear. I don’t know if they’d have kicked me in the nads, but I’d never have heard the end about all the shit that I could have gotten instead of that bear.