Longtime readers know of my love affair with mice, the diabolical disease-carrying rodents that periodically inflict themselves on my living space. (I didn’t see any last year. Guess it’s going to be another cold winter.)
Anyway, late last night I was finishing up a post when I heard a loud SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK!!! and the sound of claws scratching against glass. Judging from the location of the sound, I figured out what happened: The little bastard took a nosedive off my microwave into one of the flower vases I store in the corner.
It continued to SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK!!! and to be honest, it was a little nervewracking. So I went to bed. Like Scarlett O’Hara, I said, “I’ll think about it tomorrow.”
Well, it’s gone. I don’t know if a specially-trained team of mice lowered a rope and pulled it out, but it’s gone. On the other hand, I see that the trays of poison I put out two days ago are almost empty. Yay!