We’ve all had days like this:
People are always so generous in these tragedies:
Among those injured by the Boston Marathon bombings are a newlywed couple who both suffered leg amputations below the knee. The Associated Press has the story of Patrick and Jessica Downes:
More than 4,400 people have donated more than $246,000 to the couple through a page hosted by GiveForward.com.
The families say they don’t want the couple to worry about paying for prosthetics and modifications to their home during the recovery process.
Thirty-year-old Patrick and 32-year-old Jessica are in stable condition and recovering from surgery. They were married in Boston in August.
I made a very nice chicken stirfry with red onions and the first asparagus of the season, seasoned with curry and a tiny bit of local honey:
I looked at the video and thought, “My God, they’re so young.” Horrible:
BOSTON — The F.B.I. released images on Thursday of two men they said that they would like to question in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings.
The images, taken near the finish line of the Marathon when the bombs went off, showed two men — one in a white cap and one in a black cap — that they described as suspects in the bombings, which killed three and injured more than 170 on Monday afternoon.
“Today we are enlisting the public’s help to identify the two suspects,” said Richard DesLauriers, the special agent in charge of the F.B.I.’s Boston field office.
Videos and photographs of the men wanted for questioning were posted online at www.fbi.gov.
Don’t bother, the FBI site has crashed under the heavy traffic. Fortunately, they posted it on YouTube.
H/T David Benowitz.
Who on earth is this fucking stupid?
Was a real motherfucker, wasn’t it?
What Duncan said. The rich like to make the poors suffer, it feels virtuous!
Below, a list of the Twitter handles of all of the senators who voted no on ending the gun amendments, excluding Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), who voted against the amendment on procedural grounds. Find their information and let them know how you feel. For a full roll call, click here.
- Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.) — @SenAlexander
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) — @KellyAyotte
- Sen. John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) — @SenJohnBarrasso
- Sen. Max Baucus (D-Mont.) — @MaxBaucus
- Sen. Mark Begich (D-Alaska) — @SenatorBegich
- Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) — @RoyBlunt
- Sen. John Boozman (R-Ark.) — @JohnBoozeman
- Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.) — @SenatorBurr
- Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-Ga.) — @SaxbyChambliss
- Sen. Dan Coats (R-Ind.) — @SenDanCoats
- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) — @TomCoburn
- Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) — @SenThadCochran
- Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) — @SenBobCorker
- Sen. Jon Cornyn (R-Texas) — @JohnCornyn
- Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) — @MikeCrapo
- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) — @SenTedCruz
- Sen. Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.) — @SenatorEnzi
- Sen. Deb Fischer (R-Neb.) — @SenatorFischer
- Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) — @JeffFlake
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) — @GrahamBlog
- Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) — @ChuckGrassley
- Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) — @SenOrrinHatch
- Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) — @SenatorHeitkamp
- Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) — @SenDeanHeller
- Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.) — @SenJohnHoeven
- Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) — @jiminhofe
- Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) — @SenatorIsakson
- Sen. Mike Johanns (R-Neb.) — @Mike_Johanns
- Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) — @SenRonJohnson
- Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) — @SenMikeLee
- Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) — @McConnellPress
- Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.) — @JerryMoran
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) — @lisamurkowski
- Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) — @SenRandPaul
- Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) — @robportman
- Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.) — @SenMarkPryor
- Sen. Jim Risch (R-Idaho) — @SenatorRisch
- Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) — @SenPatRoberts
- Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) — @marcorubio
- Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) — @SenatorTimScott
- Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) — @SenatorSessions
- Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) — @SenShelbyPress
- Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.) — @SenJohnThune
- Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) — @DavidVitter
- Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) — @SenatorWicker