That are worse than sexting. Yes, Democrats adhere to irrational orthodoxy that is just as fact-free as the Republicans talking about global warming — mostly on the issue of Israel. Via Juan Cole:
1. Called for Columbia University professor Joseph Massad to be fired for being critical of Israel; Weiner thus spearheaded a new McCarthyism.
2. On the Israeli attack, in international waters, on the Mavi Marmara relief ship, Weiner sputtered: “”If you want to instigate a conflict with the Israeli navy it isn’t hard to do. They were offered alternatives. Instead they chose to sail into the teeth of an internationally recognized blockade.” The blockade of Gaza civilians is a breach of international law; it is not internationally recognized and has on the contrary been condemned by almost every nation and human rights organization.
3. Alleged that the New York Times is anti-Israel: “Amnesty International in particular, has always had bias against Israel, and frankly I would argue that in many cases, the New York Times has, as well.”
4. Alleged that the Palestine Liberation Organization is still listed by the US as a terrorist organization. It was dropped from the list over 2 decades ago.
5. Tried to bar the Palestinian delegation to the United Nations from New York.
6. Alleged that Mahmoud Abbas, President of the Palestine Authority, is not the head of the PLO. He is.
7. Refused to condemn the use by Israel of cluster bombs on the civilian farms of south Lebanon in 2006.
8. Alleged that the Israeli army does not occupy the West Bank and that there is no Israeli Army presence in the West Bank.
9. Called Israel’s war on Gaza a “humane” war. 400 children were killed.
10. Voted for Iraq War authorization in 2002, before later turning against the war.
6 thoughts on “Top 10 things Anthony Weiner has said”
That has been my main disagreement with him: he is unrelentingly and uncritically supportive of Israel and AIPAC’s best friend. So I would say all those 10 points should be two: Israel and Iraq.
This does seem to be an area where he could use a little more education.
Point #10 isn’t so bad. At least he moved in the right direction.
Can we get an AMEN?
On top of it all, he’s a dick. Good to know.
Comments are closed.